“IDDU Canada” is a cultural and philanthropic association which consists of Ibadan indigenes who interact and share a sense of unity because of a common ethnic, ancestral, generational or regional identity. One of the primary goals and objectives of the association is to render help and assistance to Ibadan indigenes (home and abroad) in all areas of their needs and give back to Ibadan as a whole through our long term and short terms projects." IDDU stands for the unity and strength of Ibadan descendants in the diaspora.
Our members belong to various professional background and have built amongst themselves a strong and committed relationship various socio-cultural activities, monthly meetings, picnics, festivals etc.
We are committed to supporting our communities at large by organizing seminars and other educative programs. Our vision at IDDU is to be the leading social-cultural and philanthropic organization in Canada.
The following are a few of overall objectives of IDDU
1. To promote the interest of Ibadan city, both in Canada and in Nigeria and cherish, uphold, promote and protect the honor and dignity of Ibadan City culture, language, and tradition in Canada.
2. To promote and develop the social, economic and educational well-being of all its Members and develop and implement family enrichment programs, which shall include but not limited to settlement and or resettlement, charitable activities, and resource programs.
3. To promote and develop the social, economic and educational well-being of all its members and develop and implement family enrichment programs, which shall include but not limited to settlement and or resettlement, charitable activities, and resource programs.
4. To establish and operate an employment training center for needy, unemployed and low skilled workers and aid on drafting resumes, job search and interview.
5. To relieve poverty in Ibadan and developing nations by providing food and other basic supplies to persons in need in alliance with renown charitable organizations.